Unless your local government sponsors an electronics recycling program, or the company that sells you a new television will take your old one for free, expect to pay a fee to get rid of it.
Options to consider:
- Donate your TV - Local charities may accept televisions that still work.
- Return it to the manufacturer.
- Ask the business that you are purchasing your new one from.
- Sell it.
- Give it away for free.
Contact Suggestions for recycling/disposal:
- Contact your service provider
- Best Buy
- Jefferson Township Transfer Station 517-523-3019
- Modern Waste 517-536-7900
- Recycle Ann Arbor 734-971-7400
- Stevens Disposal & Recycling 734-854-7695
Lenawee County has sponsored collection events in the past (typically in the spring & fall) please watch the website for future events.