- Public Works
- Solid Waste Department
- Schedule of Events
Schedule of Events
Tire Recycling DayTire Recycle Day Read on...
Lenawee Community Collection EventJoin us for a free or low-cost recycling event at the Lenawee County Fairgrounds on Saturday May 20th! Read More
Lenawee Household Hazardous Waste DayMark your calendar for Saturday, May 13th for an opportunity to recycle household hazardous waste. Open to all Lenawee residents! Read More
Recycling DOS is Open TodayThe Recycling Drop Off Site is OPEN Read on...
EGLEThe sustainable materials management hierarchy prioritizes actions we can all take to prevent and divert unwanted materials from being landfilled. Additional Info...
Sat Apr. 1
Wed Apr. 5
Fri Apr. 7
Check the calendar for more info on upcoming events
Here are some notes:
- Ag-based container collection: 2023 collection dates are pending
- Community Collection Day: Saturday, May 20, 2023 from 8 am to noon.
Typically in the Spring: vehicle & light truck tires, clean solid foam containers, packaging materials for re-use, batteries (contact Battery Wholesale for recycling any time), secure docu-shred (contact Goodwill for SecureShred services anytime)
- Car/Truck/Motorcycle Tire Collection: Saturday, May 20, 2023 8 am to noon. Typically in the spring, occasionally late summer.
- Tractor Tire Collection: We do not host tractor tire collections
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection: Saturday, May 13, 2023 8 am to noon. Sponsored by Wacker Chemical & Anderson Corp.: (spring or fall)
- Electronic (E-waste) Collection Event: Contact Goodwill Industries.
Sign up to receive notifications from Solid Waste for upcoming events HERE
We need YOUR help!
We cannot accomplish all that we need to without our many volunteers! Here are some ways you might consider helping out.
Recycling Drop Off Site: Spend a couple of hours at the drop off site answering general recycling questions.
Community Outreach Events: Such as manning the Solid Waste booth at the fair, typically partnered with someone else and assigned in two hour shift at the fair answering basic recycling questions
Special Projects: Recycled art competition, initiating a styrofoam collection co-op, do you have an idea?
Community collection events (spring/fall): One Saturday morning, light duty work, directing traffic, completing forms, counting tires, etc. between 2 and 6 hours