The Board of Commissioners is the legislative body of Lenawee County and, in addition, discharges a number of specific administrative responsibilities by State law.
BOARDS: Find more on Standing Committees and board appointments; including members and regular meeting schedules.
Kevon MartisCommissionerAdditional Phone: 517-403-2438
James E. Van Doren, Chair Board of Commissioners
- Presides at all meetings of the Board of Commissioners, preserve order, and decide questions of order subject to appeal of the Board
- Signing agent for the Board of Commissioners
- Serves as ex officio on all Board Committees unless otherwise stated, except when a member is absent the chairperson may vote in the member's place
- Shall vote to break a tie (on committees that have even numbers as long as the chairperson has not previously voted)
- Considered the Chief Elected Official of the county in various functional or ceremonial capacities
- Shall appoint with approval of the Board of Commissioners all members of standing committees, board appointments, and liaison assignments