Name Changes

Petitions for name changes can be filed at the Lenawee County Probate Court office located in Room 201 of the Rex B. Martin Judicial Building, 425 N. Main Street, Adrian, Michigan 49221.

You must be a resident of Lenawee County for at least one year to petition for a name change.  Children must be over the age of one year to process a last name change. 

To request a full name change packet, you can visit our office at the address above, or contact us at 517-264-4614 or