- Human Services
- Veterans Affairs
Lenawee County Department of Veterans Affairs
The primary function of the department is to:
- Assist the veteran and their dependents in obtaining and maintaining various federal, state and county benefits.
- Assist in the development and processing of claims for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: service-connected compensation; DIC; non-service-connected pension; survivor's benefits; special allowance of aid and attendance; educational benefits; government life insurance; VA home loans; VA health care benefits and related benefits.
- Free transportation service to and from the Ann Arbor MI VA Medical Center through the DAV shuttle van service for appointment scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Replacement of lost DD Form 214's, military records, service treatment records and medals.
- Temporary emergency assistance for indigent Michigan veterans and their legal dependents.
- Become a volunteer driver for the Lenawee County DAV shuttle van service
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed at noon to reopen at 1:30 p.m.
Closed on Fridays for in-service processing and administrative functions
The VA's lobby is open to the public Monday - Thursday (normal operating hours) and closed on Friday for administrative purposes. We continue to process claims, provide emergency relief and answer inquiries. At this time, we are not scheduling sit-down appointments in our inter-offices. Clients are instructed on what documentation is needed to file a claim for benefits and/or relief and they deliver the information to us in-person or scan/email or fax or send the information through the postal system. We even provide curbside service, if requested. We will conduct a telephone interview when completing the forms for benefits/relief and inform the client when everything is ready for their review and signature. If client’s needs to drop-off documentation on a Friday, they can push it under the door for us to find.
Veterans Office Closed 6/5-6/9The Lenawee County Department of Veterans Affairs will be closed Monday, June 5 through Friday, June 9 to allow staff members to virtually attend the National Association of County Veterans Service Officers Conference. Read More
May 2023 NewsletterThis month's newsletter focuses on our mental health in Lenawee County. Read More