COVID-19 Update to County Services:
NOTICE: We are not taking in-person scheduled appointments. Our front door is not locked at this time, but our slider glass service window is closed. We encourage clients to call, email, fax and/or use the USPS to contact us with questions and concerns. We are still taking claims and asking the client to sent us the requested documents or leave them at our front counter or push them under the door to limit person-to-person contact. We will conduct a telephone interview to obtain more information from the client and to notify them if we require more documentation before sending them the form(s) to sign and return or having them stop-in to sign.
Our VAMC shuttle van to/from the Ann Arbor facility is still in operation if there is a need and if we can find a volunteer driver willing to take the run.
We will report to work, unless we are sick ourselves. We are still serving our veterans and their dependents.
Lenawee County Department of Veterans Affairs
- Assist the veteran and their dependents in obtaining and maintaining various federal, state and county benefits.
- Assist in the development and processing of claims for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: service-connected compensation; DIC; non-service-connected pension; survivor's benefits; special allowance of aid and attendance; educational benefits; government life insurance; VA home loans; VA health care benefits and related benefits.
- Free transportation service to and from the Ann Arbor MI VA Medical Center through the DAV shuttle van service for appointment scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Replacement of lost DD Form 214's, military records, service treatment records and medals.
- Temporary emergency assistance for indigent war-time Michigan veterans and their legal dependents.
- Become a volunteer driver for the Lenawee County DAV shuttle van service.
The primary function of the department is to:
Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed at noon to reopen at 1:30 p.m.
Closed on Fridays for in-service processing and administrative functions