Child & adult care facilities in Michigan are licensed by either the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) or the Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs (LARA). The Lenawee County Health Department conducts plan reviews and environmental inspections of these facilities.
Facilities Licensed by MDHHS:
- Child Caring Institutions
- Children’s Foster Family Homes
- Foster Family Group Homes for Children
More information on these facilities can be found on the MDHHS website for Child Welfare Licensing.
Facilities Licensed by LARA:
- Family & Group Child Care Homes
- Child Care Centers
- Children’s Camps
- Adult Foster Care Family & Group Homes
- Adult Foster Care Camps
- Homes for the Aged
More information on these facilities can be found on the LARA websites for Child Care Licensing and Adult Foster Care/Homes for the Aged.