- Public Works
- Drain Commission
- County Drains
- Prequalified Contractors
The purpose of this pre-qualification process is to develop and maintain a list of pre-qualified contractors to perform any/all non-petitioned maintenance work on behalf of the Lenawee County Drain Commission and the various drainage districts under the jurisdiction of the Lenawee County Drain Commissioner.
This list is not intended to be a recommendation of contractors for private work.
*Please note that placement on the list does not guarantee a contractor will be selected to perform work. The Drain Commissioner sustains full discretion and authority to either bid non-petitioned maintenance work or to select any contractor from the prequalified list to perform said non-petitioned maintenance work.
To be eligible to contract for non-petitioned drain maintenance that is not undergoing the bidding process, a contractor must submit an application to the Drain Commissioner, which at a minimum includes:
- Must be or apply to be a vendor with Lenawee County
- Proof of Worker’s Compensation or Exemption
Upon approval of an application, the Contractor shall be placed on the Pre-Qualified Contractor List, which shall be posted on the Drain Commissioner’s or County’s website.
A contractor may be removed from the Pre-Qualification List upon:
- Contractor’s request to be removed, or termination of a Contractor’s legal entity; or
- Contractor’s failure to sustain any of the above required criteria evaluated in the application process.
- Drain Commissioner’s determination, at his/her sole discretion, that contractor has failed to demonstrate quality or timely performance of work under a contract with a drainage district or under any other contract for similar work.
*The Drain Commissioner shall have complete discretion in approving or denying an application based on the totality of the information provided in the application.