Lenawee County Government
Board of Commissioners
2nd Wed.@1:30 P.M.
4th Thurs. @ 7:00 P.M. (as necessitated/at the call of the Chair)
Commissioners' Chambers located in the Old County Courthouse
The Board of Commissioners is the legislative body of Lenawee County and, in addition, discharges a number of specific administrative responsibilities by State law.
Major duties of the Board are:
1) Determine the amount of funds to be levied in the form of property taxes for
operation of County government, or borrowing of funds if necessary.
2) Review and adoption of the annual budget for County government.
3) Annually equalizing property assessments among local governmental units to
establish the County property tax base.
4) Apportioning property taxes to each unit.
5) Appointing a number of County officials to various County boards and
6) Establishing management policies for:
a) operation, maintenance and control of County buildings and other property
b) operation of those County departments which are subject to the Board's managing control
7) Adoption of local ordinances.
8) Performance of other statutory ministerial duties.
Commissioners at a glance
|Board of Commissioners|
Other Items of Interest
|Standing Committees||Board Appointments|
Please visit the Administrator's Office page for more information on Lenawee County.