Schedule of Events for 2015
SPRING HOUSEHOLD ENVIRONMENTAL COLLECTION EVENT
** OPEN TO ALL LENAWEE COUNTY RESIDENTS **
DATE: Saturday, MAY 16, 2015
TIME: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
WHERE (3 Locations):
1) Lenawee County Fair & Event Grounds
(Enter on Hanke Lane off Siena Heights Drive)
**WLEN Radio - Remote Broadcast at Fairgrounds**
2) Goodwill Industries, 1357 Division Street, Adrian, MI
3) Wacker Chemical Co., 3301 Sutton Rd, Adrian, MI
** TBD: Stubnitz Center Event
1) AT LENAWEE COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS - Collection INCLUDES:
- CAR & PICKUP TIRES ONLY: With the award of a DEQ Tire Recycling Grant, we will offer a "Special Tire Disposal Fee" for "THIS EVENT ONLY".
***Due to Grant Requirements, Proof of Lenawee Cty. Residency is REQUIRED.
a) First 7 Tires are FREE
b) Up to 5 Additional Tires at $1 PER TIRE
c) LIMIT 12 TIRES PER VEHICLE
d) Tires MUST be OFF RIMS
*** IF More than 12 tires, call 517-605-8717 for early drop-off appointment. Tire Disposal Fee is $1 per Tire.
- ELECTRONICS - DONATION REQUESTED (HABITAT): Computers & Peripherals, Printers, Hard Drives, Networking Equipment, Copiers, Satellite Dishes/Cable Boxes, Cables, Phones, iPods/MP3s/PDAs, TVs, Stereos, Projectors, Typewriters, VCR/DVD Players, Game Vonsoles, Small Household Appliances (NO Glass Containers Accepted), Carpet Sweepers/Cleaners, Cameras, Holiday Lights, Blow Dryers/Curling Irons/Clippers/Electric Razors, Irons, Microwaves - Toaster Ovens, Small Hand Tools, Vacuum Cleaners w/o Bags, Fans, Clocks, Radios, Remote, BASICALLY ANYTHING WITH A CORD.
- NOTE: Items containing "FREON" may be taken to the Habitat ReStore located at 2811 Treat Hwy. for FREE Removal of FREON from Refrigerators - Freezers - Air Conditioners. Appliances to be Recycled by Habitat.
1) Dart Industries (Mason) will collect: CLEAN Solid Styrofoam
2) Greenjak (Morenci) will collect: CLEAN Bubble Wrap, Styrofoam
Peanuts & Pillow Packs
- Empty Propane Tanks collected by At Ease LP (Addison): Empty Propane & Industrial Gas Cylinders (1 lb. up to 100 lb. tanks) AND unwanted, old Fire Extinguishers.
2) At GOODWILL INDUSTRIES, 1357 DIVISION STREET - Collection INCLUDES: Gently-Used Clothing, Pairs of Shoes, Purses/Belts/Scarves, Jewelry/Watches, Home Decor/Seasonal Decorations, Craft & Hobby Supplies, Furniture, Toys, Books/Textbooks, CDs/DVDs/ Videotapes, Housewares, Linens & Tableware, Collectibles, Office Equipment/Furniture, Computers & Peripherals
WILL NOT ACCEPT: Mattresses & Box Springs, Large Household Appliances, Auto Parts, Construction Materials, Medical Equipment, Car Seats/Booster Chairs/Playpens/Strollers, Vehicles
3) At WACKER CHEMICAL CO., 3301 SUTTON ROAD -- HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE Collection INCLUDES: Aerosols/Sprays, Alkaline/NiCad Batteries, Dry Cleaning Solvents, Floor Care Products, Florescent & CFL Light Bulbs, Furniture Polish, Household Cleaners, Lighter Fluid, Metal Polishes, Moth Balls, Nail Polish, Automotive Fluids, Cutting Oils, Fuels/Oils, Glues/Waxes, Herbicides/Pesticides, Paint/Cleaners/Thinners, Varnish/Preservatives NOT ACCEPTING: Auto Parts, Lumber, Household Trash, Smoke/CO2 Detectors, Ballasts, A/C Units LIMITED TO: 10 Gallons per Vehicle, NO containers Larger than 5 Gallons
***DO NOT MIX MATERIALS***
NOTE: Firearms, Ammo & Weapons should be taken to the Sheriff's Dept. located at 405 N Winter St., Adrian,MI
*** For additional information on Spring Collection Event Call:
- TIRES, STYROFOAM or PROPANE TANKS: Lneawee County xxxxSolid Waste Dept. (Diana) at 517-264-4511 or (cell) 517-605-8717
- ELECTRONICS: Habitat ReStore (Anthony) 517-266-0746
- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS: Goodwill (Sonja) 517-263-2135
- HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW): Bryan Alexander xxxx517-264-8880
ReDUCE - ReUSE - ReCYCLE - ReBUY!
Lenawee County Solid Waste Dept.
Diana Schroeder, Program Coordinator
Office Hours: Mon/Wed 8:00am - 4:30pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTues/Thurs 8:00am - 11:30am
If no answer, please CLEARLY state your name, phone number, and a brief message -- your call WILL be returned ASAP.