- You must register prior to the sale to be able to bid. You can register the day of the sale between 8:30 to 9:45 am or online a minium of 2 days prior to the sale at http://legacy.sri-taxsale.com/lenawee. If you register online - be sure to bring your registration information with you. You will not be able to register or bid at the Tax Sale if you currently owe Delinquent taxes.
- All tax sales are a minimum bid auction. The minimum bid is the amount due for all years back taxes, which also includes any penalties, interest charges and fees incurred. ***The minimum bid does not include the current year's taxes, any future tax bills or any outstanding Special Assessments or Invoices. The purchaser of the property will be responsible for any and all current tax bills, future tax bills, and outstanding special assessments/invoices due at the local municipality.
- You will not be able to go through the properties.
- The purchaser accepts the property in an "as-is" condition and releases Lenawee County from all liability from the condition of the premises, whether known at the time of the Tax Sale or discovered after the fact.
- Prior to the Tax Sale you must do your own research for any and all properties your are interested in - by contacting the local municipality for building and/or use regulations as well as any outstanding Special Assessments or invoices.
- You must be present or have representative present at the Tax Sale.
- The winning bid is expected to be paid in full by 3:30 the day of the Tax Sale. Failure to pay for the purchase will result in the bidder being banned from all future tax sales and charged 25% of the winning bid.
- All successful bidders will be required to sign an affidavit affirming that they do not directly or indirectly hold any interest in any property with delinquent taxes located in Lenawee County. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the sale. A notary will be on site, photo ID is required.
- The only accepted forms of payment are cash, money order, or cashier's check, made payable to Lenawee County Treasurer. Personal or Business checks are not accepted.
- At the end of the Tax Sale successful bidders will be issued the necessary paperwork to be brought to the Lenawee County Treasurer's Office. You must bring your paperwork, bidder number, and payment to receive your receipt.
- The Lenawee County Treasurer's Office will prepare and record the Quit Claim Deeds within 30 days of the Tax Sale. ***The Deed will not be issued to the purchaser until all current year taxes that have been billed are paid.
- We recommend that physical possession of the property is not taken until the purchaser receives their recorded Quit Claim Deed.
- Title Insurance Companies may or may not issue title insurance on properties sold at tax sale. Lenawee County will not take any property back due to the unavailability of title insurance. It is the purchaser's responsibility to satisfy the requirement of the Title Insurance Companies in order to obtain title insurance.
- Properties can be pulled from Tax Sale at any time at the Treasurer's discretion.
- More detailed listing of Rules and Regulations will be available the day of the Tax Sale.
NOTICE OF SALE OF REAL ESTATE
BY LENAWEE COUNTY, MICHIGAN
October 26, 2017
PUBLIC AUCTION AT 10:00 AM, EDST
LENAWEE COUNTY COURTHOUSE
301 NORTH MAIN STREET
Pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan, notice is hereby given that the following described real estate is listed for sale for delinquent taxes, interest, costs and penalties. Title to said parcels has vested in the name of the Lenawee County Treasurer pursuant to a Judgment of Foreclosure and Order of the Circuit Court of Lenawee County, 39thJudicial Circuit, dated February 27, 2017. The docket number of the Judicial Foreclosure is: Docket # 16-5611 CZ. The County Treasurer will offer these properties for the minimum bid as set out herein and said properties will be sold to the highest bidder at a public auction at the time and place specified.
The following parcels will be sold to the highest bidder at a public auction on October 26, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. at the Lenawee County Courthouse, 301 North Main Street, Adrian, Michigan.
The purchaser is subject to the 2017 summer and winter taxes due on the property.
The Treasurer does not warrant the accuracy of any of the property information contained herein and any misstatement in property number, legal description, or address does not invalidate a sale. Additionally, the County Treasurer reserves the right to remove any parcel from the sale which may have been listed in error, or for any other reason deemed appropriate by the Treasurer.
Registration For Bidding On the Tax Sale:
If you are interested in bidding on the tax sale you may register online at:
http://www.sriservices.com/auctions/michigan/ and clicking on ‘Lenawee County Pre-registration.
If you do not have access to a computer with internet service you may register the morning of the sale. You must register between 8:30 am and 9:45 am to make sure that you receive a number prior to the start of the sale.
For those registering online, the morning of the sale you must pick up your bidder number between 8:30 am and 9:45 am. To do so you must bring your registration form which contains a five digit code. You will be able to print this form from the registration web site.
SaleID #: 9
Key#: CA0-690-0390-00 Tax Unit: CAMBRIDGE TOWNSHIP Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: HEATHER DR
LegalDescription: LOT 39 SPORTS PARK HIGHLANDS
SaleID #: 13
Key#: FAJ-000-0651-00 Tax Unit: JASPER VILLAGE Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 1032 RAILROAD AVE
LegalDescription: PT OF LOTS 64 & 65 MAP OF JASPER DES AS COMM AT THE SE COR OF SD LOT65 TH N 103 FT TH W 105 FT TH S 37 FTTH E 5 FT TH S 24 FT TH E 29 1/2 FT TH S TO THE S LI OF SD LOT 65 TH E TO POBEXC THE E 5 FT OF THE W 65 FT OF THE S 37 FT OF SD LOT 64
SaleID #: 16
Key#: FR0-420-0440-00 Tax Unit: FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 200 EVANSGLEN TRAIL BLK
LegalDescription: LOTS 44-45 AND 46 EVANS LAKE PARK AREA NO 1.
SaleID #: 26
Key#: RA0-109-1590-00 Tax Unit: RAISIN TOWNSHIP Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 5000 OCCIDENTAL HWY BLK
LegalDescription: LD BEG AT W 1/4 POST SEC 9 RUNN TH E 577.5 FT TH N 829.62 FT TH W 577.5 FTTH S 829.62 FT TO POB EX LD BEG AT W 1/4 POST SEC 9 RUNN TH E 429 FT TH N681.12 FT TH W 429 FT TH S 681.12 FT TOPOB SEC 9 EXC LD DES AS COMM AT THE W1/4 COR OF SD SEC TH N 681.12 FT ALG THE W LI OF SD SEC(CNTRLI OF OCCIDENTAL HWY) FOR A POB THCONT N 148.50 FT ALG THE W LI OF SD SEC TH N89^34'03"E 577.50 FT TH S 148.50 FT TH S89^34'03"W 577.50 FT TOPOB
SaleID #: 29
Key#: RD3-300-0010-00 Tax Unit: VILLAGE OF BRITTON Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 108 E CHICAGO BLVD
LegalDescription: LOT 1 ASSESSORS PLAT OF BRITTON VILL.
SaleID #: 35
Key#: WD4-104-1125-00 Tax Unit: VILLAGE OF CEMENT CITY Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 143 WOODSTOCK ST
LegalDescription: THAT PART OF NW FRL 1/4 SEC 4 T5S-R1E COMM ON E LI OF CEMENT CITY HWY AT APT LOC 582 FT S AND 33 FT N 89^17'EFROM NW COR POST OF SEC 4 RUNN TH N 89^17'E 187.70 FT TH S 56 FT TH S 89^17'W 187.86 FT TO E LI OF HWY TH N ALG SDHWY LI 56 FT TO PL OF BEG ALSO ALL THATPART OF NW FRL 1/4 SEC 4 DESC AS COMM AT A PT LOC 343.6 FT S & 220 FT N 89^15'E FROM NW COR POST OF SEC 4 RUNN THS 89^55'E 60 FT TH S 312.50 FT TH S89^47'W 59.16 FT TH N 312.84 FT TO PL OF BEG SEC 4 CEMENT CITY - DESCRIPTIVE
SaleID #: 37
Key#: XA0-000-0228-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 411 CLINTON ST
LegalDescription: N 1/2 LOTS 226/227 ORIGINAL PLAT
SaleID #: 38
Key#: XA0-235-1014-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 718 TREAT ST
LegalDescription: LOT 12 ASESSOR'S PLAT 7
SaleID #: 41
Key#: XA0-395-6002-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 801 S WINTER ST
LegalDescription: N 49 1/2 FT OF W 132 FT LOT 1 BLK 6 L G BERRYS ADD
SaleID #: 45
Key#: XA0-480-8008-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 1013 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: W 49 FT LOT 8 BLK 8 A J COMSTOCK EASTERN ADD 1
SaleID #: 47
Key#: XA0-485-4006-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 1027 E MAPLE AVE
LegalDescription: LOT 6 BLK 4 A J COMSTOCKS EASTERN ADD 2
SaleID #: 49
Key#: XA0-515-0086-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 111 S TECUMSEH ST
LegalDescription: S 25.65 FT LOT 85 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 51
Key#: XA0-515-0279-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 423 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: LOT 279 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 52
Key#: XA0-515-0280-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 427 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: LOT 280 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 53
Key#: XA0-515-0285-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 511 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: LOT 285 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 54
Key#: XA0-515-0292-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 619 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: LOT 292 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 55
Key#: XA0-515-0327-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 528 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: LOT 327 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 56
Key#: XA0-515-0329-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 518 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: LOT 329 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 57
Key#: XA0-515-0334-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 430 ERIE ST
LegalDescription: LOT 334 EASTERN ADD
SaleID #: 58
Key#: XA0-615-6012-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF ADRIAN Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 603 S CENTER ST
LegalDescription: LOT 12 BLK 6 THE LOW MFG CO. ADD
SaleID #: 61
Key#: XM0-630-0011-00 Tax Unit: CITY OF MORENCI Min. Bid: $ 500.00
PropertyAddress: 106 GORHAM ST
LegalDescription: LOT 1 EX W 70 FT ALSO N 24.8 FT OF LOT 2 EX W 70 FT DENNIS WAKEFIELDSADDITION
I hereby certify that the foregoing is a true list of parcels of real estate subject to the Judgment of Foreclosure entered on the 27th day of February, 2017, remaining delinquent, and the same are chargeable with the taxes, costs, penalties and interest as
set out herein.
Dated this the 25th day of September, 2017
Marilyn J. Woods
Lenawee County Treasurer