Lenawee County Sheriff's Office
COVID-19 Update to County Services:
Law Enforcement Services (Road Patrol) will continue to respond to calls for service from the public for in-progress calls, i.e. domestic assaults, vehicle crashes (except car vs deer, private property) and complaints involving evidence to be collected and serious felonies.
Central Dispatch will be screening callers for the coronavirus and obtaining information so that the Deputy may call the complainant by phone or ask them to step outside.
Jail: Video visitations are suspended, but inmates are being provided with two free 5-minute phone calls per week. Inmate information, communication, and commissary funding will continue to be taken in the normal manner. Online or by calling 517-265-4400.
Sheriff’s Office Administration Office Lobby and Records Unit will reopen to the public on June 8th. In order to maintain social distancing and limit the amount of people waiting in our front lobby, we have made some changes for services:
- Fingerprinting will be done by appointment only. The FINGERPRINT APPLICATION form must be completed and submitted. *Concealed Pistol Licensing applicants MUST have completed the CPL application from the County Clerk’s Office before requesting to be fingerprinted.
- Private Party Purchase Permit(s) can be obtained by completing the WEAPONS PURCHASE PERMIT application. *A permit is required if the applicant does not have a Concealed License Permit and is purchasing a gun from an individual. A permit is not required if the applicant is purchasing a gun from a licensed dealer. **Note: Purchase Permits will no longer be available immediately, there will be at least a 24hr. wait time.
- Purchase permits or gun sales records can be placed in a drop box in the Front Lobby during regular business hours: M-F 8am-4:30pm or mailed to the Sheriff’s Office at 405 N. Winter St. Adrian, MI 49221.
- Copies of Complaint or Crash Reports can be requested either by mail or through the county website.
- The Freedom of Information form (FOIA) is available online.
We would like to encourage the public to call to confirm that they have everything that they need for us to assist them in a timely manner before they make the trip to the Sheriff’s Office. The Records Unit can be reached by phone at 517-263-0524 ext. 2052 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting this site and if there is anything our office can assist you with, please contact us.
THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS HIRING!
|CAREER PATHS||REQUIREMENTS||SALARY & BENEFITS |